• Fist if out with the Falken;s

0 0%
  • Back to the drawing boards

0 0%

Thread: Input on New Tires for 2005 MSM Miata

cavu2 Guest

Input on New Tires for 2005 MSM Miata

Howdy!

I've worn out 205/40-17 Falken Azenis RT615's & its time for new rubber.
    -> Important: Fits stock rims/car, ultra high performance, steering/cornering response
    -> Not so important: ride comfort, cold weather, wear, price, noise

Questions: Will the 215/40's fit a MSM w/o mods? How about the 205/45's? Recommendations?

Kevin

ps. Using FORUM as requested by the yahoo guru's!
    Last edited by cavu2; 05-23-2011 at 06:56 PM.

lbader Guest
    Kevin -

The 215's will give you a little larger contact patch, aiding in traction w/ your recent upgrades.

Both the 215/40s and the 205/45s will fit the rim and the wheelwells. However, the 215/40's will be closer in diameter to your stock size, thereby keeping your speedo reading closer to true...

Any of the brands listed as options will be an improvement over the Falkens. The Dunlops and the Yokos are my preference over Bridgestone. (In my experience, they don't take as long to warm up as the 'Stones do...)

- L

cavu2 Guest

Where is everybody!?!

Well Larry...

Thanks for the advice! I had hoped for more responses but I think I will take your advice and go with the Dunlops. See you next time!

Kevin

lbader Guest
    Kevin -

You're welcome.

Just remember, your poll hasn't closed yet. You might find a different option offered worth considering...

- L

Kevin,

I had Bridgestones on the car when I bought it and they were squirrely at best. I put Yokohama Avid S in the OEM size and was totally thrilled at the quality of the handling. Going into sharp turns, gearing down, those tires held on tightly! I'll buy more Yokohama's when I replace them...which is pretty soon!

Good Luck!

PS. I used Tire Rack last go-round but I'll buy locally next time. Simply because when freight is added, Tire Rack wasn't any cheaper than a local tire dealer.
    George Lucas
    Editor, In The Breeze

2012 Special Edition, Velocity Red (of course)