Thread: Excited to join

Excited to join

I am excited to join the community. I am relatively new to Texas, moved here from Boulder, Colorado. Could someone give me ideas of fun roads to drive near the San Antonio area?

I have done Scenic Loop starting in Helotes to Bourne as well as a section of Devil's Backbone.

I am not sure if Devil's Backbone has changed recently but it didn't seem to match what many enthusiasts have described.

I appreacite your responses.

Thank you.

Anything around Bandera, Kerrville, Fredericksburg, Rebecca Creek Road, Park Road 37 from Hwy 16 over to Medina Lake, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Watch our calendar for runs and you'll be introduced to some of the most fun roads in Texas and maybe the whole country!!

Welcome to the Madness!

Blog Entries
    If you really want to enjoy some runs check out the longer runs to Dark Dragon 2017 on Aug. 19th, Sep. 23rd trip to New Mexico and Colorado, or Oct. 11th Albuquerque Balloon Festival. You get to travel with other Miata friends and have a lot of fun in the process.

The calendar is loaded with runs throughout this year, members keep coming up with something new for everyone to enjoy.

Welcome to Texas!

Howdy, I'm George Lucas, editor of our newsletter. If you join, you'll get a copy at each monthly meeting. If not, you are welcome to check it out here on our website. Our website is chock full of interesting topics and you obviously are savvy because you found the forum! Here you'll find information about runs, members and lots of other things. Speaking of members, one of the previous members responding, Jim Treat, is very knowledgeable about the most exciting as well as challenging roads and routes. As he said, you've just touched the tip of the iceberg. You're in for a great time!

In the meantime, tell us a bit about your Miata and let us know all about you!

Again, welcome!
    George Lucas
    Editor, In The Breeze

2006 Limited Edition, #1125 of 3500, "VeeLo", *Mostly* stock in appearance and staying that way
    However, I've added these few mods, most are not visible. Visible are color keyed mud guards. Not visible
    are led trunk lights, led glove box light, SIRIUS/XM radio module, rear view mirror includes outside temperature,
    self dimming and compass and variable wiper stalk.

Jimbo - you need to update your profile pic...